Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Pictures

I took the girls yesterday to the park because I wanted to get some updated pictures of them, but also because I am currently feeling insanely frustrated with my photography. I am not saying this to fish for compliments. I know I have an eye for what I do. I am certainly better than the average person. But I just feel like I am not at the level I wish I were. I would LOVE one day to be able to make a living photographing weddings and families. But until I figure out how to make my pictures what I want them to be, that just isn't going to happen. So I am feeling discouraged, to say the least.

Yesterday's trip was not a very successful endeavor. I can photograph other children just fine. I constantly get great shots of kids (and adults as well!). I have a ton of patience when it comes to photography trying lots of different things and completely making a fool of myself in order to get that perfect shot. Except when it comes to my own children. I guess I feel like they should listen better to me? But instead, they just do not take me seriously behind the camera. They run away, don't sit where I tell them, won't look at the camera, make silly faces...  Maybe when their older they'll be better models. In the meantime, I will remember these ages by goofy expressions and the backs of their heads. :)

But here are a few of my favorites from this attempt. I'll have to try again soon, maybe next time with backup.




Gimmie some attitude!


This one was a great smile of Sissy's!

Then Sissy got over it.

Sleepy eyes.

Jordan playing in the dirt.

1 comment:

  1. Erin the pictures are great! Just keep practicing and you will get where you want to be.

    ReplyDelete